Friday, May 28, 2010

Creamy Cupcakes: All He Left Was A Cigarette...

He just had his way with me...

It wasn't anything serious, really. He was one of those charming guys. Quite in person but definitely knew his way around me. The smses, the look from across a room full of people, the silly notes he'd send with the blushing waitress...(giggles)

It's like he knew I didn't expect much from him but his company and the way he made me feel every time we were together. He travels a lot and has managed to fill one passport in a year that we've met. He's read almost every book out there. He loves music and speaks a few languages.
He's a jeans and white t-shirt guy. Throws a coat and a scarf on every now and then when it gets cold. He's not into 'fancy' things like flashy cars and expensive brands but what he has, what draws me to him, oh my creamy cupcakes, I doubt words will ever be enough to explain this ...

My thief in the night:
He stopped by the other night after he landed. There was a bottle of Merlot wine and a sealed little red box with a note on it in French that read 'Pour ma fille'. He kissed me on my forehead and told me that he missed my scent.
We relaxed and caught up on what's been happening in our lives since the last time we saw each other. He told me about a book he read a week ago in a restaurant, how the character in it reminded him of me when we first met. Hhmm, I didn't want to get into that, I just gave him the side-eye with a smile. He gets like that when he really wants my attention. He looked really exhausted so I played Ali Farka Toure and Coldplay to relax him from his long flight. I turned around and saw the look on his face. He loves that sort of music. I sit on his lap facing him while I gently stroke his face. The touches were enough to express how much I missed and wanted him to stay there. He lifts my dress up and slowly closes his eyes and peace overcomes his face. After a few seconds I get off him...

Did I mention his hobby is trying to quit smoking? so he always carries 1 camel filter ciggie with him. He keeps playing with it while we chat. He leans over to kiss me but oh he smells so mellow I just wrapped my hands around him and held him so tightly while he played with my hair.

...moments pass...we have a glass of wine each...the music simmers...a couple of breathes later...

Long story short, a call came through. He went outside to get it. He kisses me and tells me he had to run. He was out of there in no time.

P.S. All He Left Was The Cigarette!

No comments:

Post a Comment