Thursday, November 11, 2010
I haven't been spoken for in a while now...
I've learnt to listen to myself in order to represent myself better and fully.
Some may think it's a game. A broken heart. A phase. A missing heart...
But only I know that I kissed loneliness.
And only I know that I enjoyed it
Only I know that I kiss those who move and grow me
Loneliness is here..but not for long.
Because a kiss is just a kiss after all
LOVE awaits me out there. I can feel it.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Okay, so O.C. decided she wants to sing me Happy Birthday...yeah she has the voice alright. Everyone sang and said their thoughts on me as a friend. I loved it. They bring all the good they said about me out of me. Real talk. Jermaine also bought me beautiful sunflowers :)
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Plastic aquamarine, mahogany crocodile, stacks of colorful marbley prints, orthopedic looking platform attachment & foam pads...its a shoe of the future! Beautiful.
Honestly, what's there to be said? Huh? Exactly, nothing!
Yeah, well these are Balenciaga's, there you go.
I feel a heart attack coming my way!
I've decided to stop saying that I love Music because that's played out in my world. I've BEEN loving Music and what I have with Music now, words don't carry enough weight to express it all.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Anywho, GG (Gorgeous George) approached me last week asking where I am with my passion for fashion and I started beating about the bush until he put the offer on the table laying down exactly what it is I can assist him and his team with. I was happy with what we spoke about and my heart immediately filled with happiness. I decided this was my time to shine and use each and every opportunity I can get to make sure my duties are met and that I grow from this platform.
I doubt George understands the meaning of this opportunity and it'll never slip my mind. I'm trully grateful, especially considering the fact that I do not have any form experience but the burning passion.
So, as I alwasy say, Luck bestows itself on ready minds, STAY READY!
Lee-Roy, one of the young talents in our country took these shots for his 100th album and I was honoured to be a part of this historical experience. It was cool. He hired out club INC in Braamfontein and had props for us to try on. All I took from the props was the hat and the rest I came geared up in.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Its been cold lately but this morning marks the beginning of MY winter. I was cold from my hair follicles right down to the soles of my feet. I love winter and all don't get me wrong but :( its really been SUPER freezing and the early hours that I wake up every day haven't been helping.
Oh well, here's to braving the next 2months and slowly planning my Summer Wardrobe when I bring my sexy body out to pay. Short dresses & Sunglasses. Gym shorts with formal jackets. Shorts with SUPER high heels and and and and....
Summer/Spring where art though?!?
Really Kim, there's only so far one can go (with their family on their back nogal) based on a video...you apparently didn't know existed.
Let's see, who knows, anything is possible in the U.S.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
THE 8 CAREER LESSONS FROM JOHN TARBELL
1. Seek out a mentor — possibly someone who was involved in your hiring process. Learn what to expect two or three years ahead and prepare for it.
2. Assume the behavior and habits of the people at the next level, and you will demonstrate that you can get there.
3. Whatever you do, be sure your involvement and actions' ethics and results will look honorable and wise if they appear in the right hand column of the Wall Street Journal's front page. They just might.
4. ''Try to find out what you're good at, and have a passion for, and get someone to pay you for doing it'' — advice I was given early on, and it has always proved to be the path for success and, just as importantly, happiness.
5. The first job is rarely anything but a start. Do the best you can, try to work with people you like and admire, and hope for the best. In your lifetime, you may change jobs, if not your career path, many times.
6. Avoid bosses who promise promotions and advancement but who take credit for your work. They won't fulfill their promises to you.
7. Save for a rainy day and always be able to support yourself. You can lose everything in a flash, and scenarios of financial adversity do present themselves in life, even to the best prepared.
8. Avoid speculative ventures. If making money were easy, everyone would be wealthy. If someone can't answer all your questions and ''what ifs,'' there's something wrong.
Adi Ignatius is the Editor-in-Chief of the Harvard Business Review Group .
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
STOP IT Women!