Tuesday, June 1, 2010

VOGUE : Mei Cruz Control




The one that got away...

Look, I don't purchase VOGUE as religiously as I do ELLE but I kicked myself when I missed this issue. I don't understand French (unless in movies. actions speak louder than words right?!?).

Anywho...Penelope Cruz was invited by French Vogue to guest edit their Mei Issue. She created 3 different covers, one with Meryl Streep, where Penelope toplessly embraces her; another with Rock legend Bono appearing as the other half of his face and lastly the one with the bellas, Queen Streep (side-lean pose right at the top overlooking the 'youngsters'), Kate Winslet, Julianne Moore, Naomi Watts, Gwyneth Paltrow all pictured above styled by her and dressed in GAP t-shirts.

Penelope also showed off her photographic skills by taking shots of her pregnant pal Salma Hayek and another of Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) and Sean Penn at a bar. Interesting isn't it...

Most importantly though, a standing ovation to the Dutch couple and Fashion photographer duo Inez van Lamsweerde (Male) & Vinoodh Matadin (Female) who did a stunning job on all 3 covers plus Penelope posing in spring fashions. The duo also work on various advertising campaigns and independent projects. They have done outstanding work with the French Art and Design duo M/M Paris. You'll be reading more about their work down this avenue so yeah, be on the look out...

If you find this copy drop me a comment below, hehe! I'm serious though, I would really love to read anything Meryl Streep is in, french or not, I'll google-translate it myself. Plus I'd love to see Penelope's fine pedantic details that everyone is talking about in the issue.

French Kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment