Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wonder Woman Wednesday: Emmanuelle Alt



My favorite cool and nonchalant down to earth looking Vogue Editor, Emmanuelle Alt.

I was introduced to the lovely 43year old by Garance Dore's photography. She has this cut out dress code that's become her uniform, Balmain fitted jackets, skin wrapping pair of pants/jeans and boots/sandals. That is how I spot her razor sharp shoulders amongst other fabulously well dressed fashion disciples.

She was appointed Editor of Vogue Paris in February 2011 after being its Fashion Director for a decade, to take over from her friend Carine Roitfeld (pictured above with her) after she stepped down. When asked what she has in-store for Vogue as its new guardian she responded "Of course, some things will change, because we (ie. Roitfeld) have a different eye. I would like to have more beauty, more lifestyle. I want to use more young designers. We should surprise every time, otherwise it could be boring."

On her self:
"I don't look after myself. I don't do yoga, Pilates, those things. I hate physical effort, I don't run anywhere, but I am super-energetic. Make-up? I just black my eyes and that's it. My hair? I get it cut on set (fashion shoots), I never go to a hairdresser. I'm not sure I'm French. You think I'm not smart enough?"

Don't you just love her calmness...

Ctrl-Alt-Love :)

via telegraph.co.uk & vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment