Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hold On To My Money o_O

So...

A few weeks ago a friend of mine was telling me that she just had a meeting with her financial adviser. I was surprised to hear that she even has an adviser. Let alone in finance. So I asked her exactly what does this person do and most importantly how does she fit into her life. So she broke it down for me as quick and easy as possible. I understood...a lil'. So I asked her if I could lend her 'helper' and she was very happy as these people depend on referrals.

Weeks went by and finally we met yesterday for lunch in our canteen here at work. I have to say, I was a bit nervous about disclosing basic information on my finances. I don't know why. One thing I know for sure is that I'm terrible when it comes to my finances.
The first thing she asks is how much do I earn and I swear my ears curled a little. And then right there and then it hit me that i knew how bad and impulsive I have been all this time.

After an hour of assessing my impulsive spending habits, she broke it down saying that I need to be patient when I want something. I must give myself time to sit back and ask myself how much I want or need it. She said I waste close to 2K each month. So going forth i need to keep a list of what i spend my money on. However small it may seem, from a packet of chips to how much I tip in restaurants. Hmm...sounds tricky already.

I am anxious to see how far I am going to go with this, and also, how its going to change my financial health.

I will keep you posted on my progress. Fingers crossed!

kea leboga!

1 comment:

  1. oh my heavens I need one of those in my life! I know I spend a lot but it would be great to hear it from an experts perspective.

    Good Luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete