Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eye See Music: Mara Hruby




So, I was dancing in my latest biggest circle of creativity that is tumblr today researching anything interesting out there. Then I stumbled across this gorgeous sweet faced lady, Mara Hruby. Oh my, where do I start with her music... She has a very pearly soft mellow voice that matches her face and just makes you want to listen to each and every breath of word that comes out her mouth, but with so much easy soul.

Her vocal references for me would be Tweet & Amel Larrieux. She just does cover tracks, with my favorite one being Mos Def 'The Panties'. What makes her such a gem is the way she carries her notes in her music. You almost forget that she's singing over a 'rented track'.

Check her music out:
marahruby.bandcamp.com
marahruby.tumblr.com

*musical kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment