Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When You Lose A Friend



Today I lost a friend.
A humble friend.
A listener. An adviser. A loving, honest and caring friend.
Someone who always said he loved me more than I love myself, haha!

Words have no weight to express how deeply shattered I am inside. This can't be. Just the other day I was nagging and b!tching to a friend of mine about how I couldn't stand the way Dinky speaks sometimes. Now I'd do anything to hear that annoying tone/lingo over and over again. Hell I wish I had a voice-mail from him. Pity he never believed in those.
People come and go. Its sad because we never know when their time will slip away. Tomorrow comes everyday I guess...

It feels like the pain that will never go away. It takes me back to when I lost another good friend, Mathata Gasennelwe 2 years ago. The night I cried a rain forest. I swear the heartache is 500 stories high this time around.

A car accident. That's what put a stop to his life in an instant. I'm not interested in knowing any further details about what? where? how? or any of that garbage... I need to pick my heart up and swallow the pain blocking my throat up and journey on. They say such is life right...

I'm a grown kid now. I'm emotionally matured but hey, this is death we're talking about. Its almost like the stranger you think you've met before.

But then again, maybe its the last call from him that I ignored on Sunday night.

*note to myself: The good guys pass us girls facing down crying over bastards that broke our hearts* #gofigure

Tricky thing this Life is, isn't it...


images by lelove + iwrotethisforu

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I have never lost a friend but I am sure when I do, it will be painful

    May your Friend R.I.P

    ReplyDelete