Friday, April 23, 2010

It's The Little Things...

So I had a mellow night, a friend popped by and we chatted for about an hour and a half. It was short but necessary. Friends need to catch up every now and then, especially since she moved to the other side of town. I munched on my favorite ginger nuts biscuits and then head straight to bed. The cold was starting to tickle my ankles.

Got into bed, listened to music until my notebook decided to shut itself down. Mind you, I was half asleep by then.

Woke up not wanting to get out of bed. Record time today, it took me less than 15mins to get out of bed, even after I hit the snooze button about 4 times.
Winter is really slowly settling in. The way I cherish moments I spend in the bathroom, mainly for the steam... Yeah, I know!
Look, I don't have a heater (for medical reasons) so until my GP tells me otherwise about my sinusitis and steam not jelling I'll keep keeping on.

Sh!t, I need to get ready for work!
So I leave my 'steamy heaven' and try decipher my cupboard for what to wear. Ggrrr, I hate this part of the morning. Like its not enough that I decided to actually go to work, and NOT call in sick. Football Friday crosses my mind but me-silly-self has my football t-shirt on my chair, at work. Bravo Tums, flippen bravo! How rubbish of me actually...

Ms Noels and I eventually leave the house and I listen to music on my phone all the way to work.

I jump out the car and right there and then it hits me...a CUP OF TEA awaits me in the office. YAY! So I get my walk on, you know what walk I'm talking about right?!? The Obama type of walk.
The receptionist gives me that 'I see you're also happy its Friday' look...but she doesn't know what I know.

Let's just say my cup of tea is on my left hand side as I'm typing this piece right now. No I'm not left handed, I just like using my left hand to drink when I'm typing.

My cuppa tea:
leave the tea bag in for 1min
2 teaspoons of sugar (if its a mug)
a lil bit of warm milk (lactose intolerance isn't a joke)
...and Voila! I'm all smiles and my day looks charming from where I'm sitting.

Happy Friday!
P.S. I love tea

No comments:

Post a Comment