Friday, November 4, 2011

Eye See Music: A Phone Call With Hip-Hop

[Ringing]

Yo.

Hip Hop?
What's up?

You're alive!
Can't stop, won't stop.

Thanks for letting me interview you, I know you're busy.
It's cool. I got to take advantage of this opportunity to represent myself.

You're breaking up a little. Can you hear me okay?
Yeah. I'm on a cordless house phone and I stepped out of range for a moment, but I'm back. The reception will be clear as long as I stay close to the base.

[beep]

What was that? I heard a beep?
I don't know. Probably the Patriot Act. You know they're listenin'.

Everytime I look around, somebody lyin' on me
Mr. Cheney, Mr. Ridge, steady spyin' on me
-Jay Electronica, "Dealing"

I'm joking, the beep was just me putting on some music.

Cool, but speaking of the Patriot Act, why don't you rhyme about stuff like that anymore? Politics and social issues? Chuck D used to call you "the black CNN" but now you're just the--
Hold up, hold up, hold up. Let me tell you something:

read more here

via Double-Take

No comments:

Post a Comment