Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Even Though

Even though my lunges are black of inhaling life

Even though I walked the jagged edge of the knife

Even though my mind wanders off more

than I used to then when I was a adolescent

Even though I keep my eyes on the essence

Even though I don’t mind the rain or even the sunny days

Even though I learned to keep more people at bay

Even though I’ve created someone

Even though I’ve created a son

Even though I’ve tasted the poultry

Even though I’m almost 40

Even though I’ve learned from my past

Even though I’m aware that nothing lasts

Even though I’m aware of being part of life’s eternal spinning wheel

Even though I’m crippled by what I feel

Even though I’ve been from black to blue

I’m always yearning to experience something new


via laser3.14

No comments:

Post a Comment