Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Note From The British VOGUE Editor: Francesca Burns

"Are Bloggers The New Paparazzi? And Photographing Someone And Using Their Picture Without Permission Legal?

THIS POST IS NOT IN ANY WAY DIRECTED TOWARDS THE PROS-BILL, TOMMY, SCOTT, TAMU, GARANCE, HANNALEI, PHIL O AND A SMALL NUMBER OF OTHERS WHO ARE AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TRUE PROFESSIONALS,VERY RESPECTFUL AND IMPORTANT TO OUR INDUSTRY.

The blogging situation outside the shows this season is absolutely out of control. I’ve been harassed, chased, verbally insulted and spat at, I’ve even had some creep take a picture zoomed in on my breasts. I’ve asked repeatedly to be left alone and I have been chased and hounded. We have come to accept the reportage culture as an important part of our industry. But what I would like to know is if being photographed against your will and without your permission is legal, and if charges can be brought against someone who uses these non-consensual photographs of you for their own self promotion, and subsequent commercial gain. I think the time has come to control the blogging. Bloggers should have proper accreditation and follow a code of conduct, just as all journalists have to. Enough is enough."

via franburns.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment